If you enjoy snacking on frozen treats in the summer, you’re going to love these delicious apple yogurt popsicles. Fresh pureed apples, honey, orange and lemon juice, vanilla yogurt and sprinkle of your favorite granola. A new way to enjoy apples throughout the warmer months.
This Recipe is Sponsored by Starr Ranch Growers and JUICI Apples. All thoughts and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help make Two Cups Flour possible.
Fruit popsicles are one of my weaknesses. Besides being refreshing, they are super easy and fun to make. I used honey for added sweetness, fresh squeezed citrus juice for a little zing, and the vanilla yogurt for a base. Adding granola is totally optional, but I like the little added crunch it gives.
I created these fruit popsicles in collaboration with Starr Ranch Growers to showcase their delicious JUICI apple. A softer skin apple with a great crunch that is super versatile when it comes to baking, or freezing for that matter. JUICI apples are a gorgeous marbled red color and offer a flavor notes similar to the honey crisp apple. The skin tastes great and is easy to chew, so I prefer to forgo any peeling when adding them to a recipe.
Based in Washington, Starr Ranch Growers, is a group of multi-generational farming families who raise premium, wholesome conventional and organic fruit. As the exclusive grower for this modern apple variety, I am so honored to have the opportunity to incorporate them into my culinary creations.
Apple Popsicle Ingredients
- Apples: JUICI apples don’t need to be peeled for this recipe. Just remove the stem and core, then dice them into small chunks. Add the chunks to a food processor or blender, then pulse until resembles a chunky applesauce.
- Honey: A little natural sweetener and great compliment to any fruit.
- Orange and Lemon Juice : A little flavor enhancer of freshly squeezed citrus.
- Vanilla Yogurt: I chose a low sugar vanilla yogurt for the base of my popsicles. Feel free to use plain or even greek yogurt.
- Granola : After I add the popsicles liquid to the molds, I sprinkled a little granola before placing the lid and popsicle sticks into the mold. Choose your favorite granola or even just chopped nuts.
Tips for Making Popsicles
- Use a silicone popsicle mold for easy removal of individual popsicles.
- Have ingredients measured and laid out before assembly.
- Fresh JUICI apples with skin left intact give a wonderful flavor. Just remove the core and stem before chopping.
- Add the lemon juice, orange juice, and honey to the chopped apples before you puree.
- Blend the yogurt with apple puree for a smooth consistency before filling popsicle molds.
- Allow popsicles to freeze for a minimum of 6 hours before pulling from their molds.
How to Store Homemade Popsicles
Keep your apple yogurt popsicles in their mold until ready to enjoy. Storing the mold in the freezer is perfectly fine, and simply remove a popsicle one a time to enjoy. Or you can remove all of them and place each popsicle in an individual plastic popsicle bag to store in the freezer.
Apple Yogurt Popsicles
- 3 JUICI Apples stem and core removed, chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ⅔ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup granola
- Place apple chunks, lemon juice, orange juice, and honey on a blender and puree to a chunky apple sauce consistency.
- Add in the vanilla yogurt and mix until combined.
- Spoon liquid evenly into a 10 count popsicle mold. Filling almost to the top.
- Sprinkle granola across the top of the liquid.
- Carefully place on popsicle mold lid and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze mold for a minimum of 6 hours or over night until firm.
- Place mold on counter for about 5 minutes, remove lid and gently pull upward on sticks to remove frozen popsicles.