Chocolate Tart Crust pairs well with any flavor tart filling. Mixing a touch of Cacao powder, toasted coconut, and maple syrup, this is one crust you will want to make again and again!
Tips for Making a Chocolate Tart Crust
- Try Cacao Powder instead of Cocoa for a light chocolate taste and soft brown color.
- Use the back of a spoon and your fingertips to gently press into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Make the crust slightly thicker on the sides than across the bottom.
- Poke holes across the bottom layer with a fork before baking.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Let crust cool completely before adding filling.
Gluten Free Tart Crust | Vegan Tart Crust
This Tart Crust Recipe is made with Quinoa Flour, Toasted Coconut, and Gluten Free Rolled Oats. Blending all ingredients in a food processor creates a perfect crumb like texture for the crust base. Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil are the binders that help hold everything together.
Chocolate Tart Crust
- 1 cup Quinoa Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Toasted Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/ 4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Toast Shredded Coconut by pouring onto parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake at 300 F for 4-5 min, stirring a couple times for an even bake. Once coconut is slightly browned, remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare a 12.5 inch round tart pan. Spray with baking spray and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine Quinoa Flour, Oats, and Shredded Coconut into a food processor or blender and pulse until resembles cornmeal.
- Transfer powder into a large bowl. Whisk in cacao powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour in vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Stir with a large spoon until well combined.
- Spoon crust into tart pan and gently press an even layer across the bottom and into the grooves of the sides.
- Prick several fork holes across the bottom of the crust.
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm.
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- Set crust on a baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes until browning around the edges with a strong fragrant odor.
- Let cool on a wire rack in tart pan.
- Make sure tart is completely cool before adding any filling.