In Person Food Photography and Styling Workshops
Jenn Davis offers hands on 1-3 day on location workshops teaching the art of food styling and food photography. Learn through lecture, demonstration and hands on teaching sessions how to showcase food for the camera.
The goal of an In Person Workshops is to offer hands on instruction geared towards the attendees current photography or styling needs. Whether you are new to food photography and styling, want to improve your current skills, or simply want to take better photos for social media, you will leave inspired to up your food game.
Photographer | Stylist
Jenn Davis is a multi faceted creative with experience as a brand manager, commercial and editorial food photographer, creative director, food and prop stylist, recipe creator and cookbook author. Jenn studied food photography and food styling, which began her career in food portraiture. Working as an editorial and commercial photographer, gave her opportunities to partner with international brands creating eye catching food imagery.
With a background in baking, she founded the Saveur award winning blog “Two Cups Flour”. Through recipe creation, styling and photography the blog has gained a large social media following which has led to publishing a cookbook, appearing on television shows, teaching workshops across the country, and brand partnerships. Originally from North Carolina, Jenn has blended her southern roots with her love for fine art and rustic French baking into a visual culinary brand.
Food Media Accolades
- Social Media Following over 114k
- Cookbook Author of “The Southern Baking Cookbook” Published 2022
- Published Commercial and Editorial Food Photographer
- Published Commercial and Editorial Food Stylist
- National Award Winning Food Photographer – PDN Taste Awards 2020
- Winner 2020 Saveur Magazine International Blog Awards Best Food Photography
- Finalist 2019 Saveur Magazine International Blog Awards – Best Baking Blog
- Food Network’s Chopped Contestant 2019
- Short Listed Pink Lady Food Photography Awards (2018)
- Published in Food Network Magazine, Bake From Scratch,
- Where Women Create, Edible Nashville, Nashville Lifestyles, Folk Magazine, Southern Living, GROW, Today’s Woman, and many more.
Food Styling and Photography Workshops
Topics Available to Cover
- Styling Food for Photography
- What’s needed in a styling kit
- Prepping food for photos
- How to tell a food story
- Prop and backdrop selection
- Lighting choices for food
- Composition for food photos
- How to create depth in an image
- Styling for the Hero
- Level up your food photography
- Food photos for social media
- Distractions in food photos
- How to plan a photo shoot
- Intro of selected topics
- Slideshow and Lecture
- Hands on Session with assistance
- Hands on Sessions with assistance
- Review Q&A
Workshop Takeaways How To’s
- showcase a specific product or ingredient
- draw the right audience to the image
- apply compositional and color theory
- incorporate food styling techniques
- create eye catching imagery
“Fabulous workshop in Kansas City! Our attendees learned so much and fed off the passion you have for what you do.” ~Abbi Heideri – Kansas Beef Council
“I spoke with several other photographers before deciding to work with Jenn, and I’m so glad I did! Jenn has a wealth of knowledge that she so willingly provides as she works with you to meet your goals. From our first meeting I knew I was in good hands. She meets you where you’re at and then provides the tools and information you need to get excel. With Jenn’s help I started to shoot for my first magazine, booked several new clients, and learned what I need to do to truly make my business a success. If you’re passionate about food photography and are serious about making it your career, I can’t recommend Jenn enough. You’ll feel like you’re hanging out with an old friend all while learning more than you ever thought possible.” ~Audrey Knizek – Food Photographer
“I want to tell you how much your styling workshop in Nashville has meant to me. I took my new skills and found a freelancing job with two top food media brands. I’ve been with them for two years and have been so thankful for the opportunity. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and talent with me!” ~ Karen Hibbard – Food Stylist and Photographer
Host a Workshop!
Let’s create a memorable workshop! Available worldwide for travel.
If you’re a food brand, beverage brand, kitchen appliance brand, or have a culinary influenced business and want to host a workshop – please send an email to [email protected]