Recipe for Mushroom Savory Hand Pies, the perfect handheld pie for breakfast or brunch! Thyme, gouda, and mushrooms baked in a buttery flaky pie crust is how every day should start.
Mushroom Savory Hand Pies
Savory Hand Pies are a mini mushroom pie made with gouda cnad spinach baked in a buttery flaky pie crust. Perfect breakfast pie recipe!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 pies
- 2 1/2 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Gouda graded
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Make your Homemade Pie Crust and set in fridge to chill for 1 hr.
- **during this time make your filling and set aside**
- Roll dough onto floured surface to 1/8″ thickness. Cut into 5 inch circles (use a bowl or tart tray for shape).
- Spoon filling onto one half of each circle, leave space around the edge. Sprinkle with cheese and close pocket. Press ends together with fingers.
- Lay each pocket onto a lined baking sheet. Slit two small lines in center with knife. Brush with beaten egg and then sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Saute mushrooms and spinach in 2 Tbsp olive oil until softened, adding in salt and thyme for seasoning. Once softened set aside and roll out dough.
- See above under crust for final steps!
- Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!!