Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July for those who are celebrating!
Welcome to the first edition of ‘Simply Sunday’, a weekly post of inspiration, new finds, fun recipes to try, and just about anything else!
Besides writing down my ideas, I can’t seem to save every cool new thing I come across. This is why I’ve dedicated a space for sharing my stumbled upon treasures. I’m always reading new baking tips or testing out photography ideas, but I also cook recipes from amazing bloggers, read inspiring articles, and tune out to fabulous podcasts. I want to share all of these things with you!!
My week consisted of finally documenting my sourdough starter, whom I’ve affectionately named ‘Gerard’ and dealing with a broody hen. Yes, after Gerard Butler, sorry this is as close as I will get, haha! Hopefully my sourdough adventures will lead to some successful loaves.
On the opposite end of the spectrum Layla, my lavender chicken has now decided she wants to hatch her unfertilized eggs. Geez the chicken pen drama!!
I hope you get a chance to relax and sip a cocktail in the sun this afternoon, because you deserve it!
Here are this week’s Simply Sunday finds!!
- Cocktail sippin on the Mango Sunrise Pina Colada ! I love fruity drinks and seem to always have some Malibu Rum in my freezer. This one is perfect for sipping under a huge sun hat 🙂
- Made this Chicken Alfredo twice! (Delish)
- Suggested entrepreneur read is Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss. Or check out the podcast Tribe of Mentors and learn about successful business peeps advice, inspiration, and how to handle stress.
- Looking for a a great notebook or planner to jot all your creative ideas and tasks? Check out Wit and Delight’s Shop.
- Keep your garden organized and plants properly spaced with the Veggie Garden Planner App
- Quote by Jennifer Garner, “The day you plant the seed, is not the day you eat the fruit”!…so plant all those seeds, nurture them and be patient 🙂 (life, work, and garden seeds)
- Nashville Restaurant addiction is Pearl Diver, omg the jerk wings and yucca fries. Oh yeah, the tropical cocktails are pretty amazing too!
- Currently jamming to Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, that smooth beat.
- Sister Mag is celebrating 50th issue!!!
- The ‘It Books’ of Summers Past, top summer reads over the past 50 years.
- Could you pass the American citizenship Test?, I would have to study. (NY Times)
- Chocolate Pound Cake for a quick party dessert.
That’s it lovelies! Hope to have you join me again for the next Simply Sunday edition 🙂
Cheers to another week and binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix!