Hope you remembered it’s daylight savings time today!
It’s finally cold outside and I couldn’t be happier. I can drink my coffee on the front porch wrapped in a blanket, go for long walks without heat exhaustion, and sit by the fire until I fall asleep. No one looks at me funny when I tell them, ‘I’ve been binge watching Christmas movies’. Wearing sweatpants on Sunday is totally acceptable. Plus, every baking item I need is usually on display at the front of the store!
Yep, we’ve entered the cozy, festive time of year that creates a child like excitement I can’t get enough of.
November is for hiking in the mountains, letting your dog run on the beach, and setting marshmallows on fire. So, glad that’s what you were thinking too! I’m more apt to scarfing down s’mores wearing a loose hooded sweatshirt than when its hot and I’m coating myself with bug spray.
Which brings me to my next cocktail creation!
Toasted Marshmallow Campfire Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Irish Cream
- 1.5 oz Vanilla Rum
- 1 oz Marshmallow Simple Syrup (see below for steps)
- Option for a splash of Whiskey!
- Toasted Marshmallow
- In a small saucepan on medium heat bring 1 Cup Water and 1 Cup Granulated Sugar to a low boil. Once sugar is dissolves turn up to medium high heat and add 10 regular sized marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows have dissolved. Strain through a mesh sieve into a small bowl and set aside.
- Measure and combine marshmallow syrup, Irish cream, and vanilla rum. Warm on the stove, or in a microwave safe mug. (serve warm, not super hot)
- Transfer to small Irish Coffee glass.
- Next, garnish with a single marshmallow on a bamboo pick. Light marshmallow on fire with kitchen torch and toast to desired crispness.
**Measurements make a single cocktail.
**You will have leftover marshmallow syrup. Store syrup in an airtight container in the fridge. Use for more cocktails or pour on desserts.
Here are this week’s finds!!
How do you like your holiday potatoes? 40 Thanksgiving Potato Recipes!! (Bon Appetit)
I’ve started taking a walk before going to bed. It relaxes your mind more than watching tv and its just enough exercise to make you tired. How Walking Might Affect Your Sleep. (NY Times)
New Book to check out Hustle & Float, by Rahaf Harfoush
Are you an entrepreneur? Check out this article on the New Definition of Brand. (Medium)
Another on the reading and laughing list is Do You Mind If I Cancel, by Gary Jeanetti.
Must make comfort food of Baked Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese!! (Spoon Fork Bacon)
Finally bought a pair of On Cloud shoes and my lower back and feet have stopped hurting on long set days!! So I bought another pair.
Listen to Ray Lamontagne if you haven’t already!!
My favorite pear recipe for Fall are these Poached Pear Cardamom Cakes with Maple Cream!!
Need help deciding on what Marshmallows to buy? Here’s a review on store bought Marshmallow Taste Test. (Epicurious)
That’s it for this week, stay warm, and get some extra zzzz’s!