Happy Sunday Lovelies!
I’ve spent the whole week making and shooting Christmas Cookies for a client, and whew I’m exhausted. Its literally been Christmas in July throughout my studio and kitchen. I may have even watched ‘Elf’ to channel some holiday styling inspiration. Good thing its hot outside, so I can power walk off all the cookies I’ve been sampling!
In other news my almost 6 ft tall tomato plants are full of green tomatoes. Every morning I check them for the slightest bit of color change. I’m dying to eat a fresh ripened tomato from my garden. There are literally 20 tomatoes all perfectly green just hanging out on the vine. The first pink bottom I see and those suckers are coming inside for a tomato sandwich. You know, two pieces of toast, lots of mayo, pepper and extra tomato slices.
Do you grow tomatoes? If so, whats your favorite way to enjoy them? I need suggestions for all the fresh little maters I’m about to harvest. 🙂
Here are this week’s Simply Sunday finds!
- Obsessed with The Daley Plate’s Summer Squash Grilled Cheese Recipe!
- Must make cocktail is the Gingered Peach Bourbon Thyme Smash! I’m stocking up on peaches for pies and cocktails!!! ( Half Baked Harvest)
- “You build yourself up over time. Not overnight.” (Mantra Magazine)
- Just discovered Mantra Magazine on Instagram for daily quotes.
- Saveur Mag Blog Awards 2019 is beginning!
- Orzo Shrimp Scampi, ahhh all the shrimp! (NYT Cooking)
- Do you grow herbs for your health! Health benefits of 41 Herbs and Spices. (Origin Mag)
“It’s better to regret what you have done than what you haven’t.”
- Start your morning with Silence. (Origin Mag)
- How ‘lean’ is your wardrobe?! Pared Down Closet (Darling)
- Chicken Biscuits with Gravy and Bowling in Nashville! Pinewood Social
- Wanna know my playlist for baking Desserts?! Check out Dessert playlist on Spotify.
- Delish weekend muffin recipe try Blueberry Crumble Muffins!
I’ve also spent the week binge watching Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Lots of drama, but very accurate cattle ranch and horse scenes. Takes me back to working beef cows and saddle breaking young horses. But that’s a story for another day.
Pour a cocktail, plants some herbs, and relax. Have a lovely Sunday friends!