If you’re not having Sunflower Banana Waffles with warm honey for breakfast, you’re missing out! Belgian waffles are always delicious, but when you mix in sunflower butter and fresh bananas, it kicks the flavor up a notch. Don’t wait until the weekend, whip up some batter and enjoy immediately!
What makes these waffles so fabulous is the addition of Sunbutter Natural Sunflower Butter. It’s creamy texture and roasted sunflower seed flavor makes it a perfect combo for bananas. With 7 grams of protein and added vitamins and minerals, it provides extra nutrition to your breakfast. This is especially good to know if you plan on filling every waffle hole with honey or syrup like I do 🙂 Or, if you are feeling really crazy, just spread extra Sunbutter on top!
Natural Sunflower Butter is a perfect substitute for those with nut allergies, then throw in natural allergy fighting local honey and you’re ready to face the spring day. Which means I can have two waffles right?!
Anyways, this waffle batter is super easy to make and ready to go in 5 minutes. Grab those browning bananas off your counter, a little cinnamon, and milk. No blender required, just a big bowl, a whisk, and a waffle iron. Then I suggest taking your banana waffle, a tall glass of milk, and have breakfast in the sun.
Tips for Sunflower Banana Waffles
- Use All Purpose Flour for the best waffle texture.
- Sift your flour for a smoother mixed batter.
- Stir the Natural Sunflower Butter to mix up the oil separation before measuring.
- Mix warm melted coconut oil, milk, and Sunbutter in a separate bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture into the flour mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- Waffle Batter should be pourable but neither runny or thick like molasses.
- Use a non-stick waffle iron.
- I have done with non-stick spray and without. The spray caused my waffle to under bake slightly without that nice crispy outer texture. So it depends on the waffle iron on whether to spray or not to spray.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and mix with 1/2 Cup of fresh honey for a great pour over flavor!
- Top with freshly sliced bananas.
*Recipe sponsored by SunButter, recipe and opinions are all my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Two Cups Flour.
Sunflower Banana Waffles
- 1 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk room temp or slightly warm
- 3/4 Cup SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Mashed Bananas
- Sliced Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted *optional
In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Using a medium bowl whisk together coconut oil, milk, and Sunbutter until creamy.
Stir bananas and eggs together with a fork in a cup or small bowl and add to Sunbutter mixture, then stir.
Slowly pour wet mixture into flour mixture and whisk slowly until a creamy batter is formed.
Pour batter into warm waffle iron and bake until golden brown.
Top with fresh bananas and honey. (stir together melted butter and honey as a pour ove rif desired.)