Homemade Spiked Hot Chocolate
Rich Spiked Hot Chocolate made with a dark chocolate bar, heavy cream, milk, and spiced rum. P
- 3 cups (720 g) whole milk
- 8 ounces dark chocolate 70% chopped chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ¼ cup (60 g) Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum Cream
In a medium saucepan, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, espresso powder and rum. Bring to a simmer over medium to medium low heat. Just enough to bubble slightly but a boil.
Remove the pan from the heat, add the chopped chocolate and let it stand for a couple minutes to melt the chocolate. Whisk until smooth, then pour into warmed mugs.
Top with a marshmallow and serve.