Wine Poached Pears
Wine Poached Pears made with red wine or white wine, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and star anise. Simple wine poached pears recipe for a fall dessert!
Servings 6 pears
- 6 Pears (Anjou or Bartlett) peeled
- 3-4 Cups Red Wine or White Wine Merlot, Shiraz, Pinot Noir - Pinot Grigio or Fruity White Wine
- ½ Cup (100 grams) Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract or one scraped vanilla bean
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Star Anise whole
Combine all ingredients(except pears) in a pot with lid and heat on stove. Stir and bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved.
Turn heat down to simmer, add pears, place lid onto pot.
Let simmer with lid on for 25 minutes, rotate pears a few times, and cook until tender
Turn off heat, allow pears to soak up juice and cool for another 15 minutes.
Gently remove pears from pot and place on serving dish
Bring juices back up to a boil until reduced by half and thickened. (add more honey or maple syrup if desired)
Transfer juice to pouring saucer, pour over pears.
Serve with cream!!