Toasted Coconut Bread
Moist Toasted Coconut Bread made with shredded coconut, coconut rum, lemon zest, vanilla, and lavender.
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 Cup (125 grams) All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup (125 grams) Cake Flour
- 1 Cup (200 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1.5 Cups (126 grams) Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Dried Culinary Lavender
- 1 Cup (240 grams) Coconut Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Rum Glaze
- 1 ½ Cups (180 grams) Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup (84 grams) Coconut Flakes
Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C). Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray and line with overhanging parchment paper.
Place shredded coconut, lemon zest and lavender in a food processor and pulse until mixed into small pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
Add flours, sugar, baking, powder and salt in a bowl. Hand stir together with a whisk.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together coconut milk, melted butter, egg, coconut rum, and vanilla.
Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Fold together with a rubber spatula until just mixed.
Transfer to loaf pan.
Bake on middle rack for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
Place loaf pan on cooling rack to completely cool.
Coconut Vanilla Glaze
Combine ingredients in small bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
If you want a thicker glaze add ¼ cup of powdered sugar at a time and stir. For thinner glaze add a teaspoon of milk and stir until desired thickness.