Zucchini Banana Bread is the result of growing fresh zucchini! With a mostly shaded backyard I strategically planted vegetables in areas where the sun shines through the trees. Not sure exactly what would come of my green thumb attempt, I’m pleased to report that veggies are plentiful!
Let me say I do eat vegetables plain, but I love baking with them too 🙂 Banana bread is always a good idea, but its even better with zucchini. A super moist and fluffy breakfast loaf topped with walnuts. Oh yes, you must drizzle on a little honey while sipping your favorite tea.
I love to enjoy breakfast outside on the porch listening to wind chimes and chickens clucking. My patio furniture is nestled in the nook of my mandevillas, just behind my tomato plants. Its like eating in a magical garden I grew myself.
This weekend I propose that you make a zucchini banana bread, pour some tea, and find a place to sit outside. Whether you’re at a table, on a blanket, or just sitting on your steps take the time to relax.
Tips for making Zucchini Banana Bread
- Bake bread in a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Prep with baking spray and then cut a 4×12 inch piece of parchment paper and line across the short side of the pan letting the excess hand over the edges. Once the bread is cooled, simply lift from the pan by grabbing the parchment paper with two hands.
- Sift your flours and weigh your ingredients for best measurements.
- Strain the excess water from your shredded zucchini by placing it in a sheet of cheese cloth and wringing it out with you hands.
- Use ripe bananas that are browning for best flavor.
- Top with chopped walnuts or your favorite nuts before baking.
- Check doneness by inserting a toothpick halfway down the center. If you only get soft crumbs, pull the loaf from the oven and place on cooling rack.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foal and store at room temperature.
- Slice cooled loaf and wrap each piece individually with freezer safe plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Zucchini Banana Bread
Homemade Zucchini Banana Bread topped with walnuts. Delicious sweet bread made with cake flour, coconut oil, and fresh zucchini.
- 1 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup (100 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (100 g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Coconut Oil melted, warm
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Ripened Bananas, (2 whole bananas) mashed
- 1 Cup Shredded Zucchini excess water drained
- 2 Cups Chopped Walnuts
Preheat Oven to 350 F (176 C) and prepare 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Grate zucchini with skin on, squeeze out excess water and stir in with mashed bananas. (*see tips in post) Set aside.
Sift flours into a medium bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon then hand whisk together.
In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed, beat together warm coconut oil and both sugars until mixed.
Add vanilla and eggs, then mix again. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl as needed.
Spoon in flour mixture until a thick but smooth batter is formed.
Remove bowl from stand mixer, pour in bananas and zucchini. Stir with a spoon.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
Sprinkle chopped walnuts across the top of batter.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out with small crumbs.
Place on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes before removing.
Slice and serve warm.