Chocolate Banana Brownies flavored with fresh banana and banana rum makes a delicious boozy chocolate dessert! Everyone loves a rich fudge brownie so why not add a little more flavor with hints of banana. These easy homemade brownies are made without a mixer, just stir and bake!
I partnered with my favorite Rum company Blue Chair Bay Rum to bring you this addictive brownie recipe, made with both melted semi sweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
Chocolate and Banana are a perfect combo so naturally Banana Rum Cream was the perfect booze to mix into this rich batter.
Blue Chair Bay Rum’s silky smooth Banana Rum Cream has irresistible notes of coconut, vanilla, butter rum, caramel and sun ripened bananas. All of these flavors create one amazing rum cream perfect for desserts and cocktails. A warm and inviting spirit that is at the top of my favorite rums and always finding its way into my baking.
How to Make Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Measure out all your ingredients ahead of time and have them laid out and ready.
- Stirring and folding your batter instead of using a mixer is my preferred method. Your goal is to create less air in the batter.
- Fold in each ingredient one at a time as directions call for it and just enough to mix them together.
- Bake your brownies on the top rack of the oven to prevent the bottom and sides from cooking too fast.
- DON’T OVER BAKE FUDGY BROWNIES!! The center will still be slightly gooey when you remove them from the oven. But, you will see a crispy skin formed across the top.
- Brownies made with melted chocolate and brown sugar are considered fudgy brownies and they firm as they cool.
- Sprinkle extra sea salt on your brownies batter before you bake or before you serve them. Totally up to you!
How Do You Keep Brownies From Sinking?
If too much air is incorporated into your batter with eggs and butter that isn’t absorbed by the amount of flour the brownies over expand. Basically over stirring, whisking, or beating air into the batter causes the brownies to rise too much in the oven. They then fall or sink in the middle as they cool as the air bubbles deflate.
So my best tip for not causes sunken brownies is to stir your batter with a rubber spatula and mix just enough to create a rich brownie batter.
How Long do Brownies Stay Fresh?
Cooled brownies can be stored in an air tight container to prevent drying out, and kept at room temperature for 3-4 days. Or you can place the container in the fridge to add a few more days, keeping the brownies fresh for up to a week.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
Yes, brownies can be frozen in a whole piece or by wrapping individually. Make sure they have completely cooled. Then wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and two layers of aluminum foil Frozen brownies will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Let frozen brownies warm to room temperature before microwaving for about 10 seconds and enjoying warm.
Chocolate Banana Brownies
- 1 ¼ Cups (156 grams) All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup (25 grams) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 ½ Cups (300 grams) Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cups (164 grams) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cups (226 grams) Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 ½ Cups (225 grams) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Over Ripened Banana mashed
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum Cream
- Preheat Oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with overhanging parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together both flour and cocoa powder. Add salt and stir gently with a hand whisk. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl, pour hot melted butter onto chocolate chips and let sit for a couple of minutes Then stir with a rubber spatula gently until chocolate and butter become smooth and silky.
- Add sugars to the the melted chocolate mixture and stir with rubber spatula until mixed.
- Next stir in vanilla and banana. Then add in each egg one at a time stirring and folding enough to incorporate.
- Then add half of the flour mixture, folding in until there aren't any flour streaks. Add the banana rum cream and remaining flour. Fold until just mixed. Do not stir aggressively.
- Scoop brownie batter into prepared pan. Evenly spread and level batter across the pan.
- Place brownie pan on upper rack of oven and bake for 40 minutes. The brownies will be soft in the middle and firm as they cool. DO NOT over bake!
- Place pan on cooling rack to cool for 20- 30 minutes before slicing. Or let completely cool and lift from tray by pulling up on side pieces of parchment paper.
- Slice brownie into even thirds down both sides to make 9 large brownies.
- Store cooled brownies in an air tight container at room temperature for 4 days.