To celebrate my obsession with pears along with apple cider I created a fall bourbon pear cider cocktail! My herb garden is still producing fresh sage, so why not add a little?!
A smooth Bourbon Pear Cider to sip while passing out candy or serve at your fall party.
Bourbon Pear Cider
Pear Cider Cocktail
- 1 Cup Bosc Pears Puree (will take 2 Bosc Pears)
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Water
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces (40 ml) Bourbon
- 1/4 Cup (62 ml) Apple Cider
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Soda Water
- Pear Slice
- Sage Leaves
- Cinnamon and Sugar to Sprinkle
- Take 2 Bosc Pears, peel and remove core. Chop into small pieces and puree in blender or food processor.
- In a small saucepan, bring pureed pears, water, honey, and sage to a boil. Reduce low heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Strain Pear Simple Syrup through a mesh sieve to separate any leftover pear solids.
- To make cocktail grab a highball glass (250 ml).
- Then pour 40ml of bourbon and 2 Tbsp of pear sage syrup into glass and stir together
- Next, add 1/2 cup of soda water and 1/4 cup of apple cider to the glass and stir.
- Add ice to glass, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, garnish with sliced pear and sage leaves.