To celebrate my obsession with pears along with apple cider I created a fall bourbon pear cider cocktail! My herb garden is still producing fresh sage, so why not add a little?!
A smooth Bourbon Pear Cider to sip while passing out candy or serve at your fall party.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Autumn Pear Cocktail?
- bosc pears
- Kentucky bourbon
- apple cider
- soda water
- cinnamon and sugar
- fresh sage leaves
How to Garnish the Pear Cocktail
To finish this cocktail I love to cover the rim of the glass with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Simply mix the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow rimmed plate.
Then, to create a sticky surface for the rim of the glass, dip a paper towel in maple syrup and wipe it along the rim of the glass. Let the syrup go slightly on the inside and outside of the rim just a tad. Dip the glass into the cinnamon sugar mixture and twist gently back and forth to coat the rim.
Finally, fill your glass with the cocktail mixture and garnish with a sprig of fresh sage for color and interest.
Bourbon Pear Cider
Pear Cider Cocktail
- 1 Cup Bosc Pears Puree (will take 2 Bosc Pears)
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Water
- ½ Cup Honey
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ ounces (40 ml) Bourbon
- ¼ Cup (62 ml) Apple Cider
- ½ Cup (125 ml) Soda Water
- Pear Slice
- Sage Leaves
- Cinnamon and Sugar to Sprinkle
- Take 2 Bosc Pears, peel and remove core. Chop into small pieces and puree in blender or food processor.
- In a small saucepan, bring pureed pears, water, honey, and sage to a boil. Reduce low heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Strain Pear Simple Syrup through a mesh sieve to separate any leftover pear solids.
- To make cocktail grab a highball glass (250 ml).
- Then pour 40ml of bourbon and 2 Tbsp of pear sage syrup into glass and stir together
- Next, add ½ cup of soda water and ¼ cup of apple cider to the glass and stir.
- Add ice to glass, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, garnish with sliced pear and sage leaves.