I’m currently stuffing my face with a slice of this Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread loaded with melted chocolate chips as I write this blog post. Yes, I know you want some too! This easy to make Banana Bread is about to be your new favorite Banana Bread Recipe. I’ve packed this tasty breakfast dessert loaf with semi-sweet morsels and I couldn’t be any happier!
How to Make the Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Use over ripe bananas! If you only have fresh ones, sit them in a paper bag for a day and you’ll be good to go.
- Weigh your ingredients.
- Brown Sugar is a must to create the moist banana bread texture and added flavor. If you don’t have dark brown sugar it can be swapped for light brown sugar.
- Greek yogurt can be swapped for regular yogurt or sour cream if needed.
- Use room temperature greek yogurt and eggs.
- No need for a mixer on this recipe, everything is done by hand with a whisk and a bowl.
- Don’t over work your batter.
- Using 3/4 a cup of chocolate chips is all you need to make sure you don’t over power the bread. Feel free to add in a few nuts or swap to your favorite type of milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips.
- Bake on middle rack of oven.
- Always check with a toothpick for slight crumbs for doneness.
- Let bread cool on rack for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
Tips For Storing Banana Bread
Even though I would love to eat three slices of this chocolate banana bread all at once I don’t think I can! So, I always end up storing some for later.
Since this is a moist banana bread I recommend wrapping the cooled loaf in plastic wrap and storing at room temperature for 3 days. You can also keep it in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
I’m pretty sure you can freeze just about any baked good. But, yes you can freeze banana bread and have a lovely surprise when the craving strikes.
First, make sure the loaf is completely cool. You can freeze the entire loaf or each individual slice. Wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. This method should keep it fresh for about 3 months. Let the frozen bread or slices warm to room temperature before heating in microwave or toasting to serve.
FAQ’s for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Can I make a White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread? Simply swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or even butterscotch chips if you prefer and continue the recipe as normal.
How to distribute chocolate chips evenly? This banana bread batter is nice and thick, so I would sprinkle in a few chocolate chips, fold them into the batter and then continue with the rest. You can also scoop part of the batter into the loaf pan sprinkle with chocolate, then repeat until all batter and chips are incorporated.
Will this recipe make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins? This Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe will yield 12 regular sized muffins. Use a 12 cup muffin pan and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Bake muffins on middle rack at 375 F (190 C) for 25-30 minutes.
More Breakfast Bread Recipes to Try!
- Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Chocolate Oat Banana Bread
- Orange Ginger Honey Cakes
Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 1/4 Cups (281 grams) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Flaky Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 8 Tbsp (113 grams) Unsalted Butter melted
- 3/4 Cup (150 grams) Dark Brown Sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 Cup (50 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups (464 grams) Mashed Over Ripe Bananas (about 3.5 large bananas)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup (120 grams) Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup (128 grams) Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels (few more to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper that hangs over the longer sides of the pan like wings.
- In a medium bowl hand whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using a separate large bowl combine melted butter with the granulates sugar and dark brown sugar. Hand whisk together until well combined.
- Add the following ingredients one at a time and gently mix until incorporated. Hand whisk in mashed bananas, then eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Next, sprinkle flour mixture a 1/2 cup at a time into the wet mixture, whisking enough to completely mix in flour without over working batter.
- Then fold semi-sweet morsels into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place pan on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Place pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes before lifting loaf from pan by pulling upward on over hanging parchment paper.
- Slice and serve.