Tips for Snowflake Maple Cookies:
- Use pure maple syrup for the best flavor!
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 30 minutes before rolling. It is much easier to work with cold dough. Warm dough is harder to cut and transfer to cookie tray. If your cookie dough becomes to soft, simply place back in the freezer to chill.
- Roll cookie dough onto a floured surface to prevent sticking. Coat rolling pin in a thin layer of flour.
- Roll cookies to a minimum 1/4 inch thickness. Thinner cookies will crisp and cook to quickly. Besides thicker maple cookies means more cookie per bite!
- Bake until edges start to brown about 7 minutes. Place tray on cooling rack and let them completely cool before removing from parchment paper. Cookies will be soft out of the oven but harden some as they cool to the perfect texture.
- Pipe icing on to cool cookies.
- Use homemade or store bought royal cookie icing.
- Pip a thin trace line around the edges of the snowflake.
- Then pipe icing to fill in star shape. Take a toothpick and move icing to cover bare spots.
- Sprinkle wet icing with sparkling sugar.
- Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Snowflake Maple Cookies
- 3 cups (384 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (125 ml) Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Store bought or homemade white royal icing
- Sparkling Sugar
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat softened butter, brown sugar, and egg until well blended.
Add maple syrup, honey, and vanilla.
Gradually spoon in dry ingredients, continuing on medium high until blended and smooth.
Wrap dough plastic and refrigerate for 2 hrs
Sprinkle rolling surface and rolling pin with flour.
Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out cookies using a 3.5 inch snowflake cookie cutter.
Space cookies 1 1/2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 6-8 minutes until edges start to brown.
Place pan on rack to cool for 10min before removing cookies.
Use homemade or store bought royal cookie icing.
Pip a thin trace line around the edges of the snowflake.Then pipe icing to fill in star shape. Take a toothpick and move icing to cover bare spots.
Sprinkle wet icing with sparkling sugar.
Pour some milk, scoop some peppermint ice cream, and enjoy!