Lemon Thyme Peach Galette is made with fresh yellow peaches coated with honey, seasoned with lemon thyme, and baked in a buttery flaky homemade pie crust. Peach pie flavors in an open face galette also referred to as a rustic fruit tart, that tastes just like summer!
Nothing says summer has arrived quite like a bowl full of fresh peaches! If I had to choose my favorite fruit, it would most definitely be a ripe yellow peach. Using them for smoothies, margaritas, pies, tarts, and ice cream; it’s a one of a kind flavor that I can’t get enough of. But, today I’m making a peach galette recipe with notes of fresh lemon thyme from my herb garden.
Tips for Making a Peach Galette
- Make your pie crust first, then wrap in plastic wrap and let chill.
- You can divide the pie crust into halves or quarters for smaller fruit galettes. I used thicker peach slices, therefore I chose a thick galette crust to support the weight of the peaches.
- Feel free to peel your peaches, if you’re not a fan of the skin. Just remember when it bakes it gets nice and soft.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out to 12-14 inch circle. This should make the thickness fall around 1/8-1/4 inch. Too thin and the crust will tear, too thick and there won’t be room for peaches!
- Sprinkle almond flour or almond meal in the center of your rolled out dough. This technique will help absorb some of the peach juices and keep your crust from getting soggy.
- Arrange the honey coated peaches in whatever pattern you like.
- Fold up the edges of the crust, using a pastry brush coat with water wherever you have a seem. This helps the dough stick together and hold the folded shape.
- Sprinkle with additional thyme.
- Bake your galette on the middle rack.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
Lemon Thyme Peach Galette
One Homemade Pie Crust (click for crust recipe)
- 4 Cups (4-5 peaches) Fresh Slice Peaches peel on, pit removed
- ¼ Cup Honey (62.5 ml)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 6 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg and 1 Tbsp water stirred together with a fork
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Sparkling Sugar
Make One Homemade Pie Crust Recipe (do not bake)
- In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients except peaches.
- Next gently add the sliced peaches and stir with a wooden spoon to coat them.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie crust dough onto floured surface to a 10-12" circle. Place dough onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle center of dough with Almond Flour or Almond Meal.
- Assemble peaches onto the crust leaving a 2 inch border. This galette used a spiral of overlapping peaches, but you can arrange them any way you choose.
- Fold dough over and crimp to enclose the peaches. This will create an open center with a “pizza crust” look. Use water to seal the dough seams.
- Brush the folded crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until crust is golden brown and peach juices are bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- Juices will look runny, but they will solidify as the galette cools.
- Transfer galette by sliding parchment paper off the cookie sheet and onto a wire cooling rack.
- Let galette cool completely.