Are you a fan of eggnog over the holidays? I’ve always loved a super cold glass of eggnog with a few Christmas cookies. Although there was a year when I stopped drinking it due to a traumatic switch up with buttermilk and a couple chugs into it before realizing! Yuck! But, I recovered and now I’m sharing with you my new favorite way of enjoying eggnog with a recipe for White Chocolate Eggnog Cheesecake!
What I love about cheesecake is that you can transform it into just about any flavor you like. The texture is always so creamy and who doesn’t want a cold sliver of tastebud heaven? This eggnog cheesecake ticks all the holiday boxes with a gingerbread cookie crust and topping of Homemade Caramel Sauce.
To bring you this tasty dessert experience I partnered with Eagle Brand to incorporate their Sweetened Condensed Milk. I know this is one product you will be stocking your pantry with this holiday season, because it works in so many dessert recipes. With the ingredient list of milk and sugar without all those extra who knows whats, I feel so comforted knowing whats going into my food.
The sweetened condensed milk adds a natural sweetness and creamy texture to this decadent cheesecake. Mixed with eggnog and melted white chocolate with a bit of nutmeg and you’ll start singing Christmas tunes in no time. I used my Maple Cookies recipe for the cookie crumbs, but feel free to blitz your own gingerbread cookies or gingersnaps!
Tips for White Chocolate Eggnog Cheesecake:
- Make or buy your gingerbread cookies ahead of time.
- If you want your crust to come up the sides of the pan and not just cover the bottom, make a double batch.
- Make sure all of your ingredients are room temperature before making the filling.
- I used non-alcoholic eggnog for this recipe. But, if you want a little boozy eggnog, go for it!
- The white chocolate is the only thing that will be warm, but nothing should be cold.
- Purchase quality baking white chocolate not chocolate chips for cookies.
- You may see a few small clumps of white chocolate in your batter, but thats ok. There is the option of straining your filling through a mesh sieve to catch any cream cheese lumps or chocolate lumps before pouring into crust.
- If you do not wish to use the ‘water bath’ method for an evenly baked and smooth top cheesecake, you don’t have to. Simply follow the instructions up until pouring in your filling. Then place your cheesecake pan on a cookie sheet and bake. It will cook quicker so check it at 45 minutes. Remember you are looking for only the center to wobble. It will continue to cook once removed from oven and placed on cooling rack. Let cool completely before placing in the fridge. ( A non-water bath cheesecake may brown on the edges and rise then sink once cooled. This is mostly cosmetic and will still taste delicious.)
White Chocolate Eggnog Cheesecake
White Chocolate Eggnog Cheesecake made with a gingerbread crust then topped with caramel and white chocolate shavings.
Gingerbread Cookie Crust
- 2 Cups Gingerbread Cookies Crumbs
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
White Chocolate Eggnog Filling
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 Cup ( 50 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Eggnog room temperature
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Large Eggs room temperature
- 8 ounces White Chocolate melted
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- White Chocolate Shavings
Gingerbread Cookie Crust
Prepare 9 inch cheesecake pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper.
Blend gingerbread cookies (or cookie of choice) in food processor to make crumbs. Place two cups of crumbs in a large bowl.
Pour melted butter into the crumbs and stir with small rubber spatula until mixed.
Transfer cookie crust mix into cheesecake pan and gently press evenly across the bottom.
Pre-bake the crust at 350 F (180 C) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while making the filling.
White Chocolate Eggnog Filling
Reduce Oven to 300 F (148 C).
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy.
Add sugar, flour, vanilla, and nutmeg then mix again until smooth.
Pour in sweetened condensed milk and eggnog mix again until incorporated.
Melt white chocolate in a double broiler or in a microwave safe bowl. Slowly drizzle into mixing bowl while continuing to mix at medium speed.
Add eggs in one at a time. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl if needed.
Gently coat inside of cheesecake pan above crust with cold butter. Pour filling into crust.
Wrap bottom and sides of cheesecake pan in two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place wrapped cheesecake pan into large roasting pan.
Pour hot water into roasting pan, enough to come up halfway the sides of the cheesecake pan.
Place roasting pan into oven on middle rack.
Bake for 70-80 minutes or until when gently tapped only the center (inner 1/3) is wobbly. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to cool with oven door slightly open for an hour.
Remove cheesecake pan from roasting pan and place on cooling rack.
Once cheesecake is completely cool, place in fridge and allow to chill for 6-8 hrs for best flavor and texture.
To remove cheesecake from pan, run an offset spatula around the edges of pan, and open collar. Place hand on bottom of tray and push cheesecake up through collar, allowing collar to slide down arm.
Place cheesecake on serving tray.
Spoon caramel sauce on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with white chocolate shavings.
Store cheesecake in air tight container in fridge.
**Please see tips in post about baking cheesecake.
*This Recipe is Sponsored by Eagle Brand. All thoughts and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help make Two Cups Flour possible.