Peach Muffins are easy to make, taste amazing, and only require two large peaches. The batter is full of ripe peach chunks with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Each muffin has a large risen top that can support additional peach slices.
If you’re completely peach obsessed in the summer like I am, you need to try these muffins. These bakery top muffins are so simple to make, just stir everything together. First, whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl. Then the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Finally combine them all with a little stirring and fold in your peach chunks. No need for electric mixers, just a bowl a hand whisk and tada muffin batter.
Each muffin is sprinkled with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon for a little crunch. I added the peach slice halfway through baking to prevent over crisping.
This peach muffin recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast in bed. I paired them with peach tea, but they also go great with milk and coffee.
Reasons Why You Should Make Peach Muffins:
- Full of fresh peach flavor
- Ready to eat in 25 min or less
- Perfect breakfast muffin to enjoy at home or on the go
- Stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days (wrap in plastic wrap)
- Can be frozen and enjoyed later (individually wrapped in plastic, lasts up to 3 months)
- Almond milk can be swapped for regular milk
- Blueberries or Cherries can be used instead of Peaches, Both pair well with cinnamon and vanilla
Try this Blueberry Coffee Crumble Muffin Recipe for another great breakfast idea!
Bakery Style Muffin Tops
This easy peach muffin recipe makes muffins with large, domed tops! You will have a batch of delicious muffins just like the ones from your local bakery. Super simple to make and quick enough to enjoy in the morning for breakfast.
Tips for Peach Muffins
- Use fresh yellow peaches for best flavor.
- Batter can be used to make 6 large muffins with bakery style tops or 12 small muffins.
- Chop peaches into small chunks before adding to batter. The recipe calls for one peach, but you can add 1.5 peaches chopped to the batter for extra peachy goodness.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake muffins on lowest rack in regular oven for best tops. If you choose to use a convection, lower the temperature to 325 F.
Easy Peach Muffins
- 3 Cups (384 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup (200 g) Granulated Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- ⅔ Cup (166 ml) Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Egg
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large peach peeled, remove pit and chopped into chunks
- 1 large peach pit removed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Sparkling Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a 6 muffin tray with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Stir together wet ingredients (except peaches) in a separate smaller bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl.
- Whisk together until a pancake batter like consistency is formed.
- If batter seems to thick, just add a Tablespoon of milk at a time to thin. (batter should not be runny).
- Fold in beach chunks, with a large spoon.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups, dividing evenly amongst all muffin cups.
- With a fork, stir together sugar in the raw and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon topping over each muffin. (just enough to lightly coat).
- Bake muffins for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, lay peach slices across the tops. Press very gently to stick to batter.
- Transfer muffin tray back to the oven and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper cups and enjoy!